Cauliflower Health Benefits
High source of vitamin C
Also a high source folate, vitamin K, vitamin E, and B vitamins, manganese and omega-3 fatty acids
Cauliflower fights oxidative stress
Supports cardiovascular health by helping to maintain good blood flow (due to presence of vitamin K)
Supports healthy digestion due to high fiber content, also helping to eliminate toxins from body
Helps to fight respiratory viruses
Skin support. Cauliflower helps skin fight against UV damage (due to sulforaphane content)
Zucchini Health Benefits
High source of antioxidants and vitamin C, and potassium
Helps improve digestion
Low in calories and carbs
Helps maintain eye health
Good source of B vitamins
Barbecue Rib Tips
– Choose ribs that are plump and meaty. Avoid ribs with exposed bones.
– Remove the membrane before cooking as it impedes absorption of flavor and is quite tough to eat.
– Always pre cook ribs in the oven in foil before setting on grill. See recipe for details.
- Apply layers of flavor. Pre marinating, basting and again covering with sauce at the end.
– When grilling ribs on fire, use indirect heat: Move ribs away the hottest part of the fire, slightly to the side. Low and slow is the way to go.
– Let ribs rest after taking them off the grill. This allows the moisture to build up from the juicing running out as you cut them.
– While it's good to baste the ribs while the cook with a mixture of the rib rub and the juices leftover from precooking, it's best to add the majority of the wet rub after cooking so it doesn't burn on the grill